Procurement Series: Make or Buy (Basic Programme) - A guide to Outsourcing
Hertfordshire Development Centre, Bessemer Drive, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2DL
12 June 2012
Improvement East's series of procurement events is back for 2012!
Improvement East presents the new Procurement Series - a monthly series of events throughout 2012, covering a range of procurement topics, at locations across the East of England.
Find out how you can update your skills and knowledge to get the most out of your procurement processes and deliver those efficiency savings by attending one or all of these FREE events.
This session will cover:
NB. This is an appreciation programme only and does not tackle in-depth issues such as TUPE.
Who should attend:
- The basic steps in deciding whether to continue with an in-house operation or choose a shared service / outsource option
- Defining outcomes
- Understanding markets and their suppliers
- Avoiding market conditioning
- Preparing a business case
- Options appraisal
- Social enterprises and mutuals
- Local authority senior managers from service departments who require an understanding of the main issues involved in the 'make or buy' decision
- Local authority procurement and finance staff that need to refresh their knowledge of some of the issues involved prior to any formal decisions being taken
*Places are limited to 14 people and as such we can only accomodate one place, per local authority, per event
. However, if you would like an additional place we can add you to a reserve list for any remaining places. Please email email@example.com
This is a FREE event. However, a £50 cancellation fee will be levied for non-attendance or for cancellations less than one week prior to the event start date.