Procurement Series: Understanding Contract and Relationship Management in the public sector
West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St. Edmunds, IP33 3YU
20 September 2012
Improvement East's series of procurement events is back for 2012!
Improvement East presents the new Procurement Series - a monthly series of events throughout 2012, covering a range of procurement topics, at locations across the East of England.
Find out how you can update your skills and knowledge to get the most out of your procurement processes and deliver those efficiency savings by attending one or all of these FREE events.
Due to the popularity of the 'Understanding Contract and Relationship Management in the public sector' event held on 15th May we have decided to run it again!
This session covers:
Who should attend:
- The basic elements of contract and relationship management
- Why it is so important to your organisation
- How contract performance is mostly determined when the output / outcome is defined
- How to identify which are the main contracts that need managing and where to allocate resources
- Key activities that need to be undertaken
- Dealing with a failing contract
- Setting up a shared contractor group with other local authorities
- Understanding your importance to the contractor
- Identifying where costs can be removed from existing contracts
NB. The programme is not designed for procurement specialists or representatives wishing to develop advanced skills in terms of contract and relationship management and negotiation.
- Local authority senior managers from service departments who require an understanding of the main tasks involved in contract and relationship management and how to apply the associated principles in their day to day work, and/or are looking to reduce costs on existing contractual arrangements
- Local authority junior procurement and finance staff who wish to get an appreciation of the basic principles of contract management as a part of an ongoing development programme
*Places are limited to 14 people and as such we can only accomodate one place, per local authority, per event
. However, if you would like an additional place we can add you to a reserve list for any remaining places. Please email email@example.com
This is a FREE event. However, a £50 cancellation fee will be levied for non-attendance or for cancellations less than one week prior to the event start date.